Saturday, December 02, 2006

Robin Rothrock's Bella Luna II show at Bella Fresca; reception Sun, Dec 3, 3 to 6 pm


Robin Rothrock's Bella Luna II at Bella Fresca


Robin Rothrock is debuting new work at Bella Fresca restaurant.

In her artists statement at Robinrothrock.com she says, "As a young surfer growing up in Satellite Beach, (near Cocoa Beach,) Florida, I fell in love with the sky and the ocean. These works are a response to living land-locked in Shreveport, Louisiana for twenty-five years where I’ve had to recreate the sky and ocean I hold dear.

Combining the beauty of nature with serendipity, water plays a major role in the conception and production of these works. Seeking balance between wet and dry, and using my hot tub as a tool, I manipulate my medium of acrylic on paper, exploring textures and colors from opaque to transparent, and allowing intention and flexibility to flow into new ideas. Like my life, my paintings began in hues of blue and green.

Just as my experience and travels have colored my personality, more colors creep into my work each year, creating a richer pallet as I mature as an artist."

Reception Sun, Dec 3
3 pm until 6 pm

Bella Fresca
6307 Line Ave
(318) 865-6307

No comments: