Saturday, April 21, 2007

Writer-comic Lee Marvin Adams on USO Tour of battle zones


Lee Marvin Adams
Originally uploaded by trudeau.
"My schedule has been hectic," Lee Marvin Willams wrote Carlos Colon and the Trapped Truth Society, "for all the right reasons, and it is about to get a bit busier. On Sunday, April 22nd, I leave for Los Angeles to take part in a USO comedy tour headed to Europe and the Middle East.

The only confirmed stop thus far is Frankfurt, Germany. I will also be going into the 'war zone,' but for security reasons they do not give exact locations until you are enroute. I suspect it will at least be into Afghanistan, possibly Iraq as well. I am scheduled to return on May 8th, so I will be sure to update everyone then.

This is quite a thrill and an honor for me. I served 23 years in the Air
Force and was never in a dangerous or hostile situation, so the least I can do is go entertain the troops that have to go all the way, very possibly some of the ones I recruited.

Please let everyone know I am still alive and writing. I'll just have an
itinerant pen for a while. I should get plenty of new material and ideas out of this trip. See you all soon! Lee Marvin Adams"

No comments: