Monday, April 09, 2007

DJ Quickie Mart: Fatty Arbuckle's, downtown Shreveport, Tues, Ap 10, late

This quick-talking, always spinning DJ has had quite an odyssey from Shreveport to New Orleans to Los Angeles. Lately Quickie Mart, oka Martin Arceneaux, has been opening for jam bands at festivals such as Bonarroo, Jazzfest, Voodoo fest, the Zen fest and SXSW.

Next week he'll be back in Venice Beach at the wittily-named Air Conditioned Supper Club. This week, he's homey at home.

Fatty Arbuckles Pub
450 Clyde Fant Memorial Pkwy
Shreveport 71101
(318) 459-1448

4 comments:

Robert E Trudeau said...

Quickie spins pretty regularly in Spt. yet I haven't caught a show - his hours are not my hours, alas. So I'd like to get a description or review of his schtick from one of his local fans.

JaneDoughnut said...

I think we have at least 2 copies of Quickie Mart's stuff at my house - email me an address or something and I'd be happy to get you one. You could probably get some songs from his myspace or Media Darling Records, too. Good stuff, pretty danceable without being the pop trash you'd hear at most clubs.

JaneDoughnut said...

Not that I don't adore pop trash.

Robert E Trudeau said...

Gawd, Jane, thanks for your responses. Your sense of humor is impregnable.