Saturday, April 14, 2007

Voces Castellanos at LSUS: Jorge Luis Borges readings in Spanish with dance and music on Th, Ap 19, 7 pm

Voces Castellanas, an Iberoamerican group of women and men living in Shreveport, will present an evening of dance, prose, poetry, and essays in Spanish. Their material is the work of the world-renowned Argentine author, Jorge Luis Borges. The LSUS Spanish Club will also participate, says Lillian Moskeland.

Borges' works, which represent themes from the Orient and Western worlds, will be recited, enhanced by music and dance from both worlds. The purpose of the Voces Castellanas is to promote the beauty of the Spanish language and culture.

Borges, A poet of the Orient and Occident
Th, Ap 19, at 7:00 p.m.
LSUS University Center Theater
poetisa@comcast.net

1 comment:

Frank Ridgway said...

From time to time I read things on your blog that make me wish I were back in Shreveport. This is one of them. I always teach "Pierre Menard" to my students as a way of introducing them to ideas of influence and intertextuality. It's a great way to move on to talking about the relationships between narrators in Faulkner, and, especially, the relationship between Faulkner and Toni Morrison.

Once again, I wish I could be there for this.

"The original is unfaithful to the translation."

--JLB