Rob Mugge, Diana Zelman, Robert Mugge, New Orleans levee breach
Originally uploaded by trudeau
Among the filmmakers in attendance will be music documentary filmmaker Robert Mugge, who has made several films about Louisiana musicians. Several of these films will make their Louisiana and world premieres at the Festival with commentary by Mr. Mugge. He has made some 27 films over a period of 30 years, says Pat Mire.
Among the many movies to be shown:
- award winning documentary film Gypsy Caravan.
- award winning French language documentary Forever.
- two films by New York filmmaker Leslye Abbey: Angels in the Basin and Bayou Landfall: The Houma Nation vs. the Hurricanes.
- Weeding By Example and Canadaville, with filmmakers in attendance.
- Reconstructing Creole, and Robert Mugge's Rhythm 'n' Bayous.
- Les Blank's A Well Spent Life, the Louisiana premiere of Ross McElwee's Bright Leaves, Robert Mugge's Deep Blues, and Jennifer Baichwal's The True Meaning of Pictures: Shelby Lee Adams' Appalachia.
- Christina Melton's LPB-produced documentary Atchafalaya Houseboat.