Thursday, December 29, 2005

Thomas Little at Prima Tazza: working with the illusion of depth from Jan 5

Thomas Little's show at Prima Tazza, an exceptionally clean coffee shop at Ashley Ridge ( (318) 550-0174), will offer 10 drawings and acrylic paintings and a single stone carving. Little says, " I used several different styles including abstract, surrealism, naturalism, and expressive."

The young artist continues, "I've always been fascinated with the concept of creating a 3-dimensional image on a flat surface. Though the white shapes are flat, they suggest a depth greater and more real than the colors and textures that surround them. We tend to perceive these objects as simple 3-dimensional shapes rather than flat designs. I cut holes in my canvases to emphasize their flatness and unmask a true third dimension."


There's a reception to celebrate the unmasking; it's January 6 from 5 to 7pm. The show will be up thru Feb 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awsome, it's nice to see my old friend suceeding in art. I'll be sure to be there.

Congrats.

- Matt Beckham
www.sommerlost.com
www.thesituation.us

Anonymous said...

Excellent.
Good work Tom!
I look forward to seeing the exhibit.

How far we have all come.

Congrats.

-Dave Anderson
http://www.pirootofpi.com