Tuesday, April 22, 2008
SRAC Artist Fellowships seek distinguished practitioners via no nonsense applications and professional jurors; deadline Mon, May 19, 4 pm
The deadline for applications is Mon, May 19, 2008, 4 pm.
The prize of $2500 favors those who both have their artwork and paperwork well tended. See both a document and guidelines - SRAC is serious about each stipulation - online at www.shrevearts.org.
Professional jurors, recommended by the SRAC Juried Artists’ Roster, make the selections. Jurors have the option not to award a fellowship in a category.
The disciplines include the following:
- Dance: Performance or Choreography
- Literature: Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Poetry
- Music: Vocal Performance, Instrumental Performance, Composition
- Theatre: Playwriting, Acting, Directing
- Visual Arts: Please refer to the application for a full list.
- Multi-Disciplinary: Using more than one arts discipline in non-traditional ways or to create a new work.
Assistance in the apllication: Vickie Marshall, Community Development Director of the Shreveport Regional Arts Council at (318) 673-6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.