Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Brady Blade, Jr, leaves the Shreveport Economic Dev team to rejoin family in Sweden


Brady Blade, Jr, Shreveport
Originally uploaded by trudeau
Shreveport Mayor Cedric B. Glover announced the resignation of Assistant Director of Economic Development Brady Blade Jr., and the addition of Matt Bailey, who will join the Mayor’s Executive Staff effective August 5.

“After much internal debate and deep consideration, I have decided to return to my wife and children in Sweden,” said Blade. “I am thankful and still in awe of the gracious opportunity that was given to me by my lifelong friend Mayor Glover. Coming home allowed me to renew friendships and expand my horizons far beyond my career in music and entertainment. As I rejoin my family in Sweden, I will continue to be vigilant, always on the lookout for potential growth opportunities and partnerships that will benefit my hometown of Shreveport.”

“While Brady is an accomplished, talented musician and a notable giant in entertainment business, he has a deep sense of family,” said Mayor Glover. “Brady has returned to a family that needs him a little more than we do - his wife and two lovely daughters, one who’s excited and starts kindergarten this year. I know it was a tough decision.”

A member of Mayor Glover’s Executive Staff for a little over one year, Blade took the lead launching initiatives to solidify support for Louisiana’s film industry, re-develop Shreveport’s downtown Red River District, attract new business to underserved communities, assisted in efforts that designated the City’s first Cultural District, developed digital media partnerships and helped make Shreveport the home of the legendary Lead Belly Blues and Folk Festival, said the mayor's office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Legendary Leadbelly Blues and Folks Festivel is a reach. Hopefully one day it will be that.