Monday, March 29, 2010
Foodies @ Sciport: New Orleans chef Poppy Tooker presents From Field to Table on Th, Ap 8, 6 pm
The program is the first of the Seeds for Change series, a partnership of the First Presbyterian Church of Shreveport and Sci-Port that explores food and food production.
Tooker, a native New Orleanian, will speak about the mission and growth of the Slow Food movement internationally, nationally and locally and discuss some of its key projects.
Sci-Port's Brian McWilliams will join Tooker to contrast industrialized and local food production systems.
Additional Seeds for Change programs include:
- Yum! Locally Grown
Thursday, April 15, 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Discover local sources for food and some scientific breakthroughs for greenhouse growers.
- Dr. H. Y. Hanna, LSU AgCenter Researcher
- Noma Fowler-Sandlin, Shreveport Farmer’s Market Manager
- Let’s Get Our Hands Dirty!
Thursday, April 22, 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Find out how and where you can grow your own food
- Brian McWilliams, Sci-Port Public Programs Manager
- Dr. Grace Petersen, LSU AgCenter Extension Agent and Director of Community Gardening Program
An informal reception and Q&A will follow each program. Hearty hors d’oeuvres from local ingredients will be served after the series. Admission to each program is $5 and free for Sci-Port members.