Sunday, October 28, 2012

Among the new vendors at Texas Avenue Makers Fair on Sat, Nov 10, 10 to 5 pm: jewelry and decor designer EllenDeeNola

Chockablock with artisanal goodness, I highly recommend reading the list of vendors ready for the Texas Ave Makers Fair. Having skimmed the list, a thought remains: bring more money to the fair.

Among the fresh vendors is charming recent transplant Laura D'Arcangelo, aka EllenDeeNola. On her Etsy site she says, " I have moved to Shreveport, Louisiana to finish school and have a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of New Orleans. I do miss the city already but this has been a great change for me! I am letting myself get inspired by my new home, and I have been busy whipping up some new jewelry for you!"

A production of the Texas Ave Community Assoc, the Makers Fair takes place at the corner of Texas Avenue and Common Street, Shreveport, Louisiana 71101.
Sat, Nov 10, 10 am to 5 pm.

Coordinator is Kelly McSwain, 949-412-5225. Or makersfair@texasave.org.

Across the street from and concurrent with the Makers Fair is another Best of Shreveport event: The Aseana Autumn Festival, featuring Asian Street Food, music and fireworks. The Aseana Foundation event begins at 9 am and goes to 8:30 pm.

No comments: