dancemedia.com. The Capezio A.C.E. Award Competition is a great opportunity for choreographers to expose their work to one of the most influential audiences in dance.
* All entries must be one of, or a combination of, these styles: jazz, lyrical, contemporary, modern, musical theater, tap, ballet or hip-hop.
* All entries must not exceed 6 minutes.
* Choreographers and dancers may be professional, amateur, or a combination.
* There must be at least 5 dancers in the group and all dancers must be ages 16+.
* All entries may be entered by the choreographer, NOT by a dance group that has hired the choreographer to set the work.
* All performances must use music on CD.
* Performances can include props but no "sets.”
* All entries must be available to compete at The Dance Teacher Summit in NYC, August 2-4, 2010.
Upload your video to DanceMedia.com on The Dance Teacher Summit Channel BEFORE June 1, 2010. Please Note: The piece you enter with to become a Finalist, does NOT need to be the same piece that you compete in NYC. It must however meet all eligibility requirements. The video can be from a past performance and does not need to be specifically video-taped for the Capezio A.C.E. Award.
Dance Teacher Summit office (212) 767-0744.