Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Carol Anglin's La Dance Foundation presents Orchesis, Impulse and La Dance Theater at the Strand at 7:30 pm Sat, April 4
• Louisiana Dance Theatre (LDT – Shreveport/Bossier)
• Orchesis Dance Company (ODC – Grambling State University)
• Impulse Dance Theatre (IDC – Louisiana School for Math, Science, & the Arts; Natchitoches)
Fifty dancers will perform classical and contemporary choreography created by
• Jon Lehrer (premiere of 2 new pieces: Rhythmic Celebration and Loose Canon),
• Christopher Huggins (premiere of Holocaust and Old Land Mark),
• Gennadi Vostrikov (premiere of Prelude to April, Mazurka, and Dvorak # 2 E minor),
• Randy Allen (premiere of City at Night and Five’s by Six),
• Dianne Maroney-Grigsby (premiere of Through the Storm)
• Allyne Gartrell (premiere of It’s Magic)
The evening will also feature Louisiana Dance Theatre’s performance of Maroney-Grigsby’s Tangazo, which was recently performed at the Regional Dance America/SW Festival in Houston after being selected by Adjudicator, Soili Arvola of Finland, following RDA’S annual adjudication tour.
LA: DANCE ALIVE!
Sat, April 4
7:30 pm – Strand Theatre in Shreveport
Tickets are $25/ $20/ $15 and are available at the Strand Theatre Box Office (318) 226-8555.