Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Pop Up Food and Art Fest, Shreveport Common, Mon - Fri, Nov. 3 - 7
The corner of Commerce and Crockett Streets becomes a Pop UP Food Court for the week of Nov 3, says Pam Atchison.
Lunch will be available from 11 am- 2 pm, Dinner from 5 pm- 7 pm. Participating food trucks include: Jester’s Catering, La Michoacana, Lilah’s Bakery, TD Express, Cliff & Julie’s Place. Seating will be available.
Across the street in the Engine Room at Central Artstation will be food from Baked, Fleur de Crème, The Twisted Brownie, Simply Natural Seasonings, DaBayou Cajun Seasonings.
· Monday- Pop UP Poetry. Carlos Colon, Caddo Parish Laureate, has selected 10 poets to perform “pop up” and “dueling poetry.” 5pm- 7pm
· Tuesday - Pop UP Art & Culture Shotgun House Night. Meet Shreveport-born NYC artist Patrick-Earl Barnes. Barnes’ Shotgun House exhibit will be hanging in the ARTSTATION Gallery all week. Hear Barnes, Henry Price, Woodrow Evans and Gregory Free in a panel discussion on shotgun houses. Norla Preservation Project has an update on plans to move five St. Paul’s Bottoms shotgun houses to Baker Street. 5 pm- 7 pm
· Wednesday- Pop UP Cooking Demonstration Night. Christa Free of Baked and Cheryl Edwards of Simply Natural Seasonings will prepare a Sauteed Chicken Breast with Bell Pepper and Onions and her no-salt, healthy seasonings. 5-7 pm
· Thursday- the unveiling of ART, the Dalmatian, at Central ARTSTATION. The nearly 20- foot tall fiberglass dog is the old fire station’s new mascot; street party. 6-8 pm.
· Friday- The Ramer/Gentry Band from 11 am until a bit after 1 pm.
Free parking. Maps of parking locations: www.downtownshreveport.com