Sunday, June 15, 2014
Pork panzanella, goat's milk grits, tres leches cake: 15 chefs serve their freshest suppers at UnScene Rich Table on Fri, June 20, 7 pm
The Rich Table UnScene on Fri, June 20, at Municipal Auditorium, will feature these chefs, foods and artist accompanists, says Shreveport Regional Arts Council's Pam Atchison.
- Chef Evan Rich, Chef Sarah Rich and Chef Jason Brady: Pork Panzanella. SRAC Production Team, Mitch Landry, designer.
- Chef Eddie Mars, Petroleum Club: Pork Cheek Banh Mi. Kathryn Usher.
- Chef Jason Reynolds: Zocolo's Chilled Field Pea Salad. Emily Day.
- Chef Kevin Bourg, Wine Country: Chilled Cucumber Soup. Nadine Charity.
- Chef Carolyn Manning, BLUE: Goats Milk Grits. Wendell Wilson.
- Guiseppe Brucia, Guiseppe's: Cheese Ravioli. Lynn Laird.
- Chefs Scott Roebuck and Liz Bowen, Sevendipity: Local Veggie Slider. Su Stella.
- Chef Pansou, Soumas Heritage Creole Creations, represented by Elva Taylor and Ryan Taylor: Creole Maque choux. Panderina Soumas.
- Chef Hardette Harris, Chef Services Inc: Green Garden Salad. Panderina Soumas.
- Chef Andrew Parsons: Fig Jam & Pork Liver Pate’. Amanda Thurmon.
- Chef Conrad Patterson: Pecan Pie. Kathryn Day.
- Bakers Lisa and TK Tike, Lilah’s Bakery: Tres Leches Cake. Robert Trudeau.
- Tina Palmisano , Jesters Catering: Fresh Vegetable Tamales. Su Stella.
- Chef Cedric Williams, artspace: Chicken Meatball. Jeormie Journell.
- Chef Charlie Reed, Superior's Steakhouse. Chris Broussard. Chef Tootie Morrison, Abby Singers Bistro. Kirstie Gilliam, Special Events Director.
Inasmuch as blueberries, raspberries and strawberries grown in the region will top the Torta des Tres Leches being served by Lilah's Bakery, I can tell you that the list above does not tell the whole story of the deliciousness of the offerings. And in regards the art: a display on the Hank Williams/Jack White stage of the Municipal will offer a work for sale by each featured artist.
- 5 pm, welcome and cash bar. Mingling in the lobby around a fresh foods display created by Jim Hayes. Complimentary trolley tours of Shreveport Common, including the musical shacks in the Calanthean Canyon and the Texas Ave Steel Shipping Containers, featuring artists Nicola and Qean Ballard, Jeormie Journell and Robert Trudeau.
- 7 pm supper. Tickets online, $35.