Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Sustainapalooza @ SciPort on Sat, July 24, noon to 4 pm: the latest on being friendly to the planet
on Sat, July 24, noon - 4 p.m.
- We have a cow! Meet a chemical-free, grass-fed Longhorn Steer from WH Longhorn Ranch
- 600 miles to the gallon Shell Eco-Cars from Louisiana Tech's College of Engineering and Science
- Chesapeake's alternative fuel Tahoe
- See the model for the net-zero energy, LEED Platinum National Center for Community Renewal International in downtown Shreveport
- Meet some community gardeners and learn the art of composting
- See a solar panel use the Sun to cool you off
Visitors will also have an opportunity to take part in two new interactive environmental programs developed and led by Sci-Port staff.
Experts and community partners:
Noma Fowler-Sandlin with the Shreveport Farmers' Market,
Raymond Crews, Bruce Phillips and Tim Hansen from The Green Home Advantage,
Grace Peterson from the LSUAg Center,
Angie White of Slow Food North Louisiana,
Ron Shepard with Pratt Recycling,
Dianne Loridans with Community Renewal,
Billy Hummer from Hummer & Son Honey Farm,
Kim Mitchell of Morgan, Hill, Sutton and Mitchell Architects and many more!
Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana will also be at Sci-Port collecting used cell phones for electronic e-cycling.
Event is free with admission to the Center. Sci-Port Members are free, Non-Members are $13 and children ages 3 to 12 are $10.