Sunday, November 15, 2009
Columbia Park blanketed by some 8000 motley partiers at the Highland Blues & Jazz Fest 09
Strengths of the fest:
- sundry crowd, both in age and ethnicity.
- food and crafts booths adequate to nourish the crowd.
- effective sound system (Glenn Graves, ta da!).
- smart team of volunteers, including fest founder Amy Loe, announcer Liz Swain and many more.
- handsome and soulful faces for the numerous photographers.
- opportunity for many attendees to avoid the car and use the bike.
- aerobic development stimulated by the Rebirth Brass band.
- Chicken Masala, by India's Restaurant, was scrumptious and only $2.
- an example for the city of an effective neighborhood fest.
- Highland in its best light: safe, convenient, multifarious.