Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Arts budget in Bossier may be slashed to half of the 08 figure, says Bossier Arts Council director
The total cut is $55,000 and is the equivalent of 3 salaries. The Bossier Arts Council has a mere 4 employees and operates on a frugal annual budget. This budget cut is potentially devastating to our organization and will impact Bossier's cultural economy in its entirety.
- The Arts contributes to Louisiana's economy with a total impact of $934 million.
- Every dollar in the Arts leverages $7 in earned and contributed revenue
- If the Bossier City Council moves forward with the proposed budget, Bossier will feel a total economic loss of $385,000 in our cultural community.
source: Louisiana State Office of Cultural Development, Department of Culture, Recreation, and Tourism
What can you do?
1. Visit our website, www.bossierarts.org and become a fan on Facebook to support this cause.
2. Forward this email to everyone in your address book.
3. Email and phone the following City Council Members to let them know you do not support the Bossier Arts Council cuts.
James "Chubby" Knight
Timothy A Larkin
4. Attend the Nov 17 City Council Meeting to support the arts.
Kelly Warner, Executive Director
Bossier Arts Council