Saturday, March 14, 2009
San Francisco's Lyle Tuttle talks tattoos at Artspace, 710 Texas, on Sun, March 15, 2 pm; talk on Tues, Mar 17, for tattoo pros only
Sunday March 15th
Tattoo Artist Talk: 2-5 pm
1. Windy Brandt, Red River tattoo, Bossier City – will talk about designing the Tattoo logo for the exhibition
2. Harvey Kennedy – owner of Tattoo Paradise, Shreveport, LA – will talk about the history of the tattooing in Shreveport
3. Lyle Tuttle – famous tattoo artist from San Francisco, CA – will be talking about the history of tattooing in the United States and his experiences as a well known tattoo artist. Please see more at LyleTuttle.com.
· This event is free to the public. There will be a cash bar and opportunity to buy food in the café.
Tuesday, March 17th - Lyle Tuttle Tattoo Machine Seminars
· These seminars are for professional tattoo artists only. Participants must register through Leigh Elgin, artspace Exhibition Manager, before March 16th. Contact Leigh at artspace, 318-673-6535, for registration forms and more information.
· Seminar fee is $150 per participant per seminar or $275 per participant for both seminars. Limited to 25 participants per seminar.
SEMINAR #1 – Tuesday, March 17, 2009 – 10am – 12:30pm
- The care, maintenance and tuning of your tattoo machines should be, but second nature to you. In this way you can devote more time to tattooing and add to your income. This is a complete study of all component parts of the tattoo machine and their interaction to one another. Demonstrations and hands on work shop dealing with cutting springs; contact points; needle bars with bent eyes; needles, choice of sizes and configuration for different tattooing effects; needles soldering. Tips on how to find the raw materials that you'll need to build, replace and maintain the equipment in your studio. The basics of all good tattooing starts with your machines. Approx. 2 1/2 hours.
SEMINAR #2 – Tuesday, March 17, 2009 – 2pm – 4:30pm
- The DESIGNING and BUILDING of tattoo machines and equipment can make you independent and self reliant. Plus can save you some of those hard earned dollars. Tattoo machines building is cover from start to finish: Cast,fabricated or bent frames, even “frameless." Coil winding with how wire and core size effect the finished machine operation, outliner or shader? Build your own coil winder from parts you stole from your mother. Short cuts in building all the parts needed; the best raw materials and where to find them. Learn the JOYS of building. Approx. 2 1/2 hours.