Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Noids at Big D's BBQ, 101 N Common St; all ages show Fri, July 13, 8 pm


noids13
Originally uploaded by trudeau
Listening to Goodmornin Blues at the Noids myspace site reminds me that this trio is among the few punk slash garage groups doing Leadbelly. And they are shakin Mr Huddie Ledbetter's material in a way that I feel he would approve.

An outdoor gig at the corner of Common at Caddo St? Leadbelly undoubtedly played his Stella 12-string within a few blocks of that address at more than one point in his ramblings in and out of the St Paul's Bottoms.

The Noids - Paul Garner (also the poster artist), Hayden Camp and Jessie Gabriel - are not slick; they are the real schpiel. Like the BBQ at Big D's, 318-226-0301.

Fri, July 13, 8 pm
with Sunday Mass Murder.
$5
All ages / mosquitoes likely

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic venue. I sped by there one night and saw all kinds of neat folks hanging out listening to music. I think I recognized Stan Carpenter as I clipped past on my way to work at about 9:30 PM.

My recommendation? Take chair.

The weekend before I when passed by there was a group of fellas sitting out front having a good time playing checkers.