Shreveport Symphony Orchestra.
The concert, Handel's Judas Maccabaeus, features 4 singers and a large orchestra. But few of the artists involved will offer you the charm you will find on Ms. Boover's blog, altaboover.com. Imagine a Massachusetts girl having a ball with Mardi Gras, gators and a myriad of Bayou State attractions.
Also featured are singers Gale Odom, coloratura soprano; Randal Rushing, tenor, and Timothy Jones, bass-baritone. Chorus members include the Centenary Camerata, Dr. Julia Brasher Thorn, conductor; NSU Chamber Choir, Dr. Burt Allen, conductor, and the Red River Children's Choir, Betty Adkins, director.
* 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 9, 2005
* Shreveport Civic Theatre, 600 Clyde Fant Parkway
* $7, $18, $30, and $36, with $5 student tickets for seating anywhere in the theatre.
* Call the Symphony box office at 227-TUNE (8863) between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
* Limited valet parking is available for $3.
* One time shuttle from Uptown Shopping Center at 6:15 p.m.
* Shuttle will depart from the AmSouth parking garage (corner of Milam and Market Streets) at 5:30 p.m. and every 10 minutes until concert time.
More on the concert from Times writer Jennifer Flowers.