Monday, September 22, 2014

Answers to either 'she' or 'he': Big Freedia brings bounce to Shreveport via Bears on Fairfield on Sat, Sept 27



Big Freedia is the stage name of Freddie Ross, an American musician known for work in the New Orleans genre of hip hop called bounce music. He has been credited with helping popularize the genre, which was largely underground since developing in the early 1990s, says Wikipedia.

He has been featured in publications such as The Village Voice and The New York Times, and has performed on Last Call with Carson Daly, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and at SXSW, where he received a positive review from Rolling Stone. Freedia says, “I am not transgendered; I am just a gay male. I wear women’s hair and carry a purse, but I am a man. I answer to either ‘he’ or ‘she.’” Tickets.

No comments: