Highland Jazz & Blues Fest, Shreveport: India's Restaurant plate, a photo by trudeau on Flickr.
The top five Highland Jazz and Blues Fest questions trending right now, says Kenney Koonce, are . . .
1) Is there an admission fee? There is absolutely no admission fee. Save your money to spend with our vendors and maybe pick up a festival T-shirt or three. Really, they're great! You're going to leave with something.
2) Who's playing? when are they playing? And what's good to eat? See our website. Our webmaster worked really hard on it. Swing by and admire it.
3) Are dogs allowed? Yes, we love our dogs and have set up an area just for them. What we don't like...owners who don't clean up after them.
4) Can I bring my own food or drinks? Well, why would you want to do a thing like that? We're know for our food! Plus the drink sales are invested back into the event and allow us to keep it free.
5) Is it too late to get a vendor booth? We have rearranged, recounted and now re-closed the vendor application. We love our vendors.
A reminder: there's an all-fest Mall St Vincent free shuttle so that you don't have to hassle with parking.
And it might be a perfect day for bicycles.