Thursday, October 14, 2010
From the Hilton to SciPort, Wednesday lunch spots are stops on a free downtown trolley ride; tighties may call ahead or email their orders to six restaurants
Three new restaurants will be added to the current route on Wednesday, October 13th.
Downtown workers and visitors may catch a free trolley ride to one of six downtown restaurants each Wednesday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, says Julia Foley. It stops every 20 minutes at Regions Bank Tower, 333 Texas Street; Government Plaza, 505 Travis Street; and each of the six participating restaurants.
Each restaurant has Wednesday specials that can be served and enjoyed within 20 minutes. Riders are encouraged to preview their menu choices online. Those running tight can call ahead or email the order and catch the Lunch Trolley to pick up the order to go.
• café @ artspace, 710 Texas Street, www.artspaceshreveport.com, 318.673.6535
• River Rock Grill in the Hilton Hotel, 104 Market Street, www.hilton.com, 318.698.0900
• Texas Street Grille in Mojo’s Bar, 203 Texas Street, www.texasstreetgrille.com, 318.221.0013
• Counter Culture in Sci-Port, 820 Clyde Fant Parkway, www.sciport.org, 318.424.3466
• Abby Singer’s Bistro in Robinson Film Center, 617 Texas Street, www.robinsonfilmcenter.org, 318.459.4122
• Holiday Inn Restaurant, 102 Lake Street, www.holidayinn.com, 318.222.7717