Friday, July 01, 2005

Visit the lithosphere in the Red River District 1 pm to 11 pm, Monday, July 4

America in the summer of 2005. Graphic artist Amber Thrasher grabs us with a snapshot of a summer show-off chick: streaked hair, bared belly, micro miniskirt, spaghetti strap top. On July 4 the grrls want to rock, right?

Thrasher's independent graphic work is in logos, posters and flyers, and she's soon to finish a degree from Westwood College Online. She told me, "I love art and have since I was a kid. I decided to go into graphic design because I knew that it would be something that I would look forward to waking up and doing everyday! Loving what I do is important to me for myself and my customers."

The Rock the District event was organized by Tanya Shelton, says the Times, and features a picnic tableful of fried music: there's country, metal, blues, hard and even southern rock.

Another design note: I like the Jessica Leigh photo of Reflections Burn in the Times link. It tries to answer the question How do you capture the kineticism of a young rock band?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the blurb trudeau...hopefully the Rock the District shindig will be a big success....

colin
ReflectionsBurn@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Robert for the comps. It is an honor to be on your site!!