Thursday, May 29, 2014
Building a neighborhood image, month by month: art tour of Highland on Sun, June 1, 11 am to 4 pm
Historic Highland neighborhood has her monthly art tour on Sun, June 1, 11 am- 4 pm. "Artists open the doors to their homes and workshops to show you all the creative and organic fun that is Highland," says Liz Swaine.
Begin at 436 Topeka Street at the workshop of artists Su Stella and Curt Harville. Get tour maps here.
· 436 Topeka Street- paintings, jewelry and other items by Su Stella and Curt Harville; beaded jewelry by Rena Brittenham, plus lagniappe.
· 226 Columbia Street- ethereal pop art paintings & prints and glass and hand-stamped metal jewelry by E.D. Stewart. Also, Courtney Gaston’s art made from vintage books.
· 1173 Louisiana – Carolyn Manning’s popular Blue Comfort Food with its new pet-friendly patio and pet ‘play yard.’
· 424 Dalzell- New Orleans-trained artist Karen La Beau: a wide selection of NOLA and Shreveport-themed prints that capture life in Louisiana.
· 829 Kirby- Wendy Tisdale’s creative yarn art and yarn art furniture.
· 309 Merrick- Nancy Ferrari’s hand crafted wheel-thrown and slab built pottery in the colors of nature.
Illustration: new post cards by Karen La Beau.
Printable map: www.restorehighland.com.