Friday, November 02, 2012
Meanwhile, Back at Cafe Du Monde by Peggy Sweeney McDonald features Shreveporters' stories; local book launch at Giuseppi's Wed, Nov 14,6:30 pm
From Pelican Publishing comes a collection of Louisiana/Shreveport food stories: Meanwhile, Back at Café Du Monde…Life Stories about Food, created and edited by Peggy Sweeney-McDonald.
The collection is a humorous and heartfelt compilation of food essays accompanied by recipes and photographs, says Jill Browning.
Shreveporters telling tales therein:
* Representative Henry Burns * Tom Pace * Carolyn Roy * Debbie Allen * Sandy Davis * Marlyn Monette.
Plus other Louisiana personalities, including:
* General Russel Honoré, retired U.S Army Lieutenant General, Writer, and Speaker
* Drew Ramsey, Owner of Hubig’s Pies
* Leah Chase, Legendary Creole Chef and Owner of Dooky Chase restaurant
* Jeff Kleinpeter, President of Kleinpeter Farms Dairy.
Shreveport events include:
November 14th – Signing at King Hardware & Gifts (4:00 – 6:00PM)
November 14th – Book launch party at Ristorante Giuseppe (6:30 – 8:30PM)
November 15th – Signing at Barnes & Noble, Bayou Walk, (6:00 – 8:00PM)