Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Orleans pianist-singer coming to Sam's Town on Nov 6 & 7: Al "Little Fats" Jackson

New Orleanian Al "Little Fats" Jackson is coming to the lounge at Sam's Town, says Greg Miles.

From Jackson's web site: "At their first experience of a live performance of Alvin E. Jackson, audiences are amazed that this young 23 year old has already accomplished the mastering of rhythm and blues in the New Orleans style. His technique, sincerity, and enthusiasm are all qualities which are the result of his rearing in New Orleans by a loving and extended family. Al's grandmother owned the "Vet's Club" road house where she booked such notables as Fats Domino, Lloyd Price and Tommy Ridgley.

"I grew up listening to classic New Orleans R&B, I guess it became a part of my spirit. I remember even before I was in kindergarten my favorite was Fats Domino. I listened over and over again to a stack of records given to me by my grandfather which he collected from the road house's jukebox. This is how my love for R&B began."

Sam's Town is bringing some amazing acts to town - partly because entertainment and technology director Miles has been booking bands for several decades and has a well-developed network of entertainer friends. Recently Jo-El Sonnier and the Amazing Rhythm Aces have made stops at Sam's, he said.

www.samstown.com
318-424-5654

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Steve Allen is playing sax with Little Al this weekend. Please come see me!
Steve