Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Why the Symphony Pops Picnic at Riverview Park Sat, May 19, 7:30 pm, is the city at its best

Why the free outdoor Shreveport Symphony Picnic Pops Concert in Riverview Park at 7:30 PM on Saturday, May 19, is the city at its pluperfect nicest: .

- Maestro Michael Butterman: glamour and fun.
- seating on the lawn or terrace.
- Red River as a backdrop.
- picnicking and libations encouraged.
- Gershwin and Duke Ellington as well as music from Showboat, Chicago, Superman and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- add the Ark-La-Tex Youth Symphony Orchestra.
- the Parkway will be closed to traffic from Lake Street to Crockett Street at 4 pm.
- Alas: no chairs or table seating will be available. DIY
- People will be biking instead of everyone fighting for parking and clean air.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Folks should just pitch a tent down there since Movies and Moonbeams happens in the same spot Friday night.

I would say I posted something about the movie event on my blog but that would be shameless promotion and a couple of months ago a blogger (who is no longer blogging... Goddess bless his soul...) fussed at me for doing just that. Guess he was afraid I'd cut into his baseball cap sales... now I'm just being catty... bad blogger-girl, bad blogger-girl.

Robert E Trudeau said...

As you can see from my links column, I believe in promoting the whole sick crew. Your blog, Kathryn, has cut its own niche in a very sweet way.

Unknown said...

Yeppers, I must admit your links are the best.