Thursday, July 03, 2014
Celebrate the sandy shores of Red River on Sat, July 5, with Better Beach Bash, 9 am to lunch
"Celebrate the 2nd Annual Hamel's Better Beach Bash for an unforgettable July 5th outdoors," says Dionne Procell.
- 9am sign-in and memorial to the 6 teens that drowned on the river in 2010.
- Bayou2Bay will lead a beach trash sweep.
- River Rocks Life will demo water safety and paddle sport play.
- Sci-Port: Louisiana's Science Center will host a watershed learning station.
- Rainforest Art Foundation will lead a trash art project.
- Water playtime, including standup paddleboarding, canoeing and kayaking. Area paddling enthusiasts will provide water safety education and instruction. Courtney Thibault, owner of Louisiana Yoga and Paddle in Ruston, will be on-site to provide paddleboards and instruction.
- Water and lavatory services will be provided. Food trucks will be available for lunch on-site.
"The joint fundraiser is free to public w/suggested $1 or more donation. There will be prizes for unique refuse finds and drawings from water bottle registration. Bring the entire family," says Procell.