Friday, May 16, 2008
Get your bike in gear courtesy of A Better Shreveport, Historic South Highlands Assoc and River City Cycling: bike workshop at Uptown Shopping Center on Sun, May 18, 1:30 to 4:30
The idea is to help you get your bikes out of the garage and get them pumped up and in gear for riding, says Ian Webb.
Riders will find:
- Trained bicycle mechanics from River City Cycling on hand to inflate tubes, check brakes and gears, perform safety checks, and get your bikes ready to ride for the summer.
- Experts on hand to discuss riding your bike for every day errands like shopping and commuting to work or school.
- The Shreveport Police Department Mounted Patrol there to talk about safety, cycling and the law.
- Displays of products to help you reduce your dependence on your car and help you get into shape by comfortably using your bike more.
The workshop, designed to enhance Shreveport's bike energy, is being sponsored by
- A BetterShreveport.blogspot.com
- Historic South Highlands Neighborhood Association